Monday, December 16, 2019

Making Bioshock Infinite's Montgomery Residence Part 5

CAGD230: Game Scene

Final Model

Report: Now that the modular pieces are done. I need to build my building and mesh-combine to export it to Unity. I did a test build previously but it turns out when I added the backside, the tri-count went over.   

Example Build
Sike it's only 1/2 of it

Thus I had to adjust and remove a couple of walls, trimmings, and just decrease the size of it in general. But the final build looks similar so I think it wasn't much of a problem.


Some of the textures look very... plastic, unfortunately. Though they are supposed to be white walls/materials so I'm not sure what to do to make it less... doll-house. The lighting in Maya is a bit poor too or I'm not sure how to add properly lights and what settings they should be. Comparatively, Unity's auto-generated lighting is very nice.

Here are some renders from both Maya and Unity:

Maya Renders

Unity Renders

I'm glad to say that this project is done! 3D modeling can actually be fun when you get into the flow of it. Of course it's frustrating when you realize modeling mistakes when you're in the UV/Texturing phase and when the program crashes (and you didn't save for the past 3-4 hours). But it's nice to see how your model turns out overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment