Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Making Bioshock Infinite's Montgomery Residence Part 2

CAGD230: Game Scene

Week 2

Progress Report: Week 2 is here! And the progress I've made for this week is completing most of the pieces for the first floor! I had to remodel most of the pieces after learning new concepts in class. Mostly using the "snap to grid" feature and learning how to properly extrude and bevel which is really helpful for making more complicated pieces. I'm satisfied that my pieces look nicer now. 


last week
this week

I laid out an example of the first floor and it looks pretty good if I say so myself. Of course, it doesn't come without problems. As you might notice, the poly count is pretty high, over 9000 tris to be exact (haha). 


But this is the total running, including the bipedal human model that takes up about 4000 tris. Of course, I'm still over 5000 tris... It seems that the first floor itself is more than 4000 tris. 


You might ask "what the heck is taking up all the poly count?" Well, it's the door and the corner pieces. The door has a tri-count of 900 alone. The corner pieces have 600 and there's two of them so both would already be 1200+. Other pieces such as the window, pillar, and panel walls only range from 100-300 tris. And yes, I have been deleting the faces that are not seen. Well not all of them, the corner pieces probably have some but it's mainly the beveled part of it. The door is mostly cleaned up, I'm afraid that the count might be coming from me trying to get rid of ngons. Thus resulting in maybe unnecessary cuts such as the sides and in the middle. Honestly, I'm surprised the door has that much tris as it seems a bit simpler than the window. My guess is all the extruding I did along with bevel. I'll have to remodel it to see what went wrong. I guess this weekend will be a long one. 

A 900 tris door next to a 380 tris window
Poly Count for Week 2: 





No comments:

Post a Comment