Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Modeling a Living Room Part 2

CAGD230: Living Room

Week 2 Progress


Progress Report: For this week, our focus is to model the block items of our scene. Luckily most of my objects were not too difficult to model. Mainly I extruded faces and used the curve tool to create glasses and jars. I realized that 'insert edge loop' is a great tool for deleted certain faces and extruding parts of a face. The shelves were fun to model and it was quite easy to. For the one in the picture below I added two edge loops and extruded the middle face. Then I duplicated the middle face to create a glass panel. Of course, it's not visible in this screenshot because I had already added the glass texture onto the face.



The most complicated thing to model was the bamboo plant because it was more than just a cubic or spherical object. But in the end, it isn't too difficult. I just had to shift the vertices around to make a plane more "leaf-shaped". The bamboo pole part was easy too. I could easily create a cylinder and stretch it. Then I moved the edges around and shifted parts to make the bamboo more natural and less "straight".


The goal for next week is to finish UVing and adding textures to our models. And as you can see, I have started that with my bamboo model. Of course, I still have to add more touches to it so it doesn't seem "clone-y". That aside, I'm excited to texture the rest but the thought of UVing is pretty tiring. 


No comments:

Post a Comment